Magazine Sales Scams
Atlantic Circulation Inc.
2 College Avenue Suite B, Mountville, PA 17554
phone: 717-285-4504 ( not 570-285-4504)
web site: http://www.atlanticcirculation.com
sales groups clearing subscriptions through Atlantic Circulation
- Atlantic Periodical Sales Inc
- Berlingeri Sales
- Condella Sales
- Double Douce Subscription Inc
- Foster Sales
- G T Sales
- Jamison Sales
- King Sales
- Lamb Sales Inc
- McLemore Sales
- Platinum Plus
- Red Hot Sales
- Robinson Sales
- Strictly Business Inc
- Stubbs Sales
- Success Unlimited Associates Inc
- United Subscription Service Corp
- White Sales
- Yingst Sales
- Portales News-Tribune (1/12/2005): http://www.pntonline.com/engine.pl?station=portales&template=storyfull.html&id=3937
- New York Post (5/25/2003): http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/76583.htm
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (10/3/2001): http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/oct01/van04r100301a.asp?format=print
- An Atlantic Circulation Inc. crew southwest of Minneapolis rear-ended at high speed a Subaru Legacy with the family inside before leaving a state highway, rolling over four times and ejecting some of the van's passengers. The van crash killed one crew member and injured seven other crew members, plus a woman and two small boys in the other vehicle.
- Temple Daily Telegram (10/28/2000): http://www.temple-telegram.com/archives/2000/n1028.htm
- Three teen-agers hired by Atlantic Circulation of Mountville, Pa., to sell magazine subscriptions were stranded in Temple, TX after being left without money or transportation. The three say they were promised $20 a day during their training, which was rarely paid, and told that the company would provide a bus ticket home if they decided to quit. They decided to quit Atlantic Circulation but, but the company failed to come through with a bus ticket.
- Residence halls at James Madison University were plagued with itinerant magazine sales people. The University Police arrested four in the halls, and two others were encountered in the Godwin lot who were sent on their way with a warning. All six are employed by Atlantic Circulation. Based on previous experience with Atlantic and similar firms for the past two to three decades on this and other campuses, we can safely say that we can be sure they will send more sales people to campus. Contact has been made by the Director of Public Safety with a colleague at a university in Lancaster county to exchange information on Atlantic and its sales tactics.
- The Tulane University Office of Public Safety received an anonymous call reporting that two magazine salesmen were soliciting at Irby Hall Oct. 9. The two men were located near the first floor stairwell. They said they were soliciting magazine sales for Atlantic Circulation, Inc. The officers advised them that solicitation is prohibited on campus grounds. The solicitors were frisked, handcuffed and transported to the Public Safety Office, where they were detained in the holding cell.
You must register before editing pages or using other extended features on this TWiki system.
Revision r1.10 - 14 Jan 2005 - 08:48 by EliMantel
Copyright © 2000-2005 by the contributing authors.
All material on this collaboration tool is the property of the contributing authors. Collect email addresses here.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback.